Statistics for Business & Economics, Metric Edition
Discover how statistical information impacts decisions in today’s business world as Anderson/Sweeney/Williams/Camm/Cochran/Fry/Ohlmann's leading STATISTICS FOR BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS, 14th Edition, Metric Edition, connects concepts in each chapter to real-world practice. This edition delivers sound statistical methodology, a proven problem-scenario approach and meaningful applications that reflect the latest developments in business and statistics today. More than 350 new and proven real business examples, a wealth of practical cases and meaningful hands-on exercises highlight statistics in action. You gain practice using leading professional statistical software with exercises and appendices that walk you through using JMP® Student Edition 14 and Excel® 2016. WebAssign's online course management systems further strengthens this business statistics approach and helps you maximize your course success.
Table of Contents
1. Data and Statistics.
2. Descriptive Statistics: Tabular and Graphical Displays.
3. Descriptive Statistics: Numerical Measures.
4. Introduction to Probability.
5. Discrete Probability Distributions.
6. Continuous Probability Distributions.
7. Sampling and Sampling Distributions.
8. Interval Estimation.
9. Hypothesis Tests.
10. Inference about Means and Proportions with Two Populations.
11. Inferences about Population Variances.
12. Comparing Multiple Proportions, Test of Independence and Goodness of Fit.
13. Experimental Design and Analysis of Variance.
14. Simple Linear Regression.
15. Multiple Regression.
16. Regression Analysis: Model Building.
17. Time Series Analysis and Forecasting.
18. Decision Analysis
19. Nonparametric Methods.
20. Statistical Methods for Quality Control.
21. Index Numbers.
22. Sample Survey (online).
Appendix A. References and Bibliography.
Appendix B. Tables.
Appendix C. Summation Notation.
Appendix D. Solutions to Even–Numbered Exercises (Available Online Only).
Appendix E. Microsoft Excel 2016 and Tools for Statistical Analysis.
Appendix F. Computing p-Values Using JMP and Excel.