AE Chemistry Atoms First Approach
Steven S. Zumdahl, Susan A. Zumdahl, Donald J. DeCoste
ISBN-13: 9789814896993 | ISBN-10: 9814896993
Copyright 2021 | Published 2020 | 1184 pages
Renowned author team, Steve and Susan Zumdahl have for decades focused on helping students build critical-thinking skills while learning to "think like chemists." This focus on conceptual understanding and strong problem-solving orientation provides students the building blocks towards gaining mastery. In this third edition of CHEMISTRY: AN ATOMS FIRST APPROACH, Steve and Susan Zumdahl, with new co-author Don DeCoste, place special emphasis on the fluidity of topics, guiding students through the concept of molecules, structure and bonding to more complex materials and their properties. This text is enhanced with interactive resources available in OWLv2, a powerful online learning system with richly dynamic problems and newly enhanced content that features a wider range of quality feedback and point-of-use remediation.
Table of Contents
Review: Measurement and Calculations in Chemistry.
1. Chemical Foundations.
2. Atomic Structure and Periodicity.
3. Bonding: General Concepts.
4. Molecular Structure and Orbitals.
6. Types of Chemical Reactions and Solution Stoichiometry.
7. Chemical Energy.
9. Liquids and Solids.
10. Properties of Solutions.
11. Chemical Kinetics.
12. Chemical Equilibrium.
13. Acids and Bases.
14. Acid-Base Equilibria.
15. Solubility and Complex Ion Equilibria.
16. Spontaneity, Entropy, and Free Energy.
18. The Nucleus: A Chemist's View.
19. The Representative Elements.
20. Transition Metals and Coordination Chemistry.
21. Organic and Biological Molecules.