The Big Book of Fun with Math
WEIGHT/น้ำหนัก: 700 g.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION (เนื้อหาโดยสังเขป):
Some children appear to be doing well in math until about third grade. Then, they suddenly hit a brick wall. Their confidence is shaken and they may become frustrated, In many cases, these children have relied on rote memorization, not really grasping fundamental math skill.
The Big Book of Fun with Math was written so teachers and parents can help these children before the trouble begins. It is a complete guide offering math activities designed to develop concepts sequentially, using everyday materials. Children progress at their own pace.
Concepts introduced include:
- Recognition of similarities and differences
- Pattern recognition
- One-to-one relationships
- Comparison of sets
- An understanding of the "manyness" within sets which leads to a true understanding of numbers
Each chapter includes:
- A circle time story to introduce the math concept
- An explanation of how the concept builds on other math skills
- Key math words
- Suggestions for evaluating children’s progress
- Home connections and sample newsletters
|ขนาด||20 x 14 cm.|